Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shredded Salsa Beef

This photo may not look very appealing, but this beef is gooood. I made this and used it in tacos and we all liked it. Julie at Julie Cooks says that it is perfect for freezing so I’m going to try that soon. Just throw it in the crockpot and let it cook. Later put it in the freezer for a busy day! I did follow the recipe, but it ended up too wet for tacos for us (I probably used too much water) so I drained a lot of the liquid. Then I sautéed more chopped onions and added the meat. I just warmed it until it was a bit less liquidy.
1.5-2 lb roast
1 onion, chopped
4 oz can chopped green chiles
1 cup chunky salsa
2 T brown sugar
1 T soy sauce
1 clove garlic
1/2 - 1 cup water

Throw everything in the crockpot and cook all day. Use 2 forks to shred the meat before serving. Can be used for burritos, tacos, chalupas, quesadillas, salads, etc.

1 comment: