Saturday, March 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookie Cups

For our big family party to celebrate all the February and March birthdays, Alexander wouldn’t choose what dessert he wanted. He said he loves all the desserts I make so he didn’t care. That was fun because it meant that I could choose to make a new recipe. He loves peanut butter, so even though I just made a peanut butter dessert recently, I wanted to make these pretty little cups that I found at Blissfully Domestic.com where Picky Palate posted them. I haven’t been able to find Mini M&M’s for baking for a while now. Does anyone know if they are still around? I miss them. I just used regular ones for these.

They made a gooey mess when I cut into them for the photo and the same thing happens when you bite into them. I know one way to avoid that-- Pop the whole big thing in your mouth at once.

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookie Cups
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
12 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
36 mini marshmallows
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
2-3 T. heavy cream
1/4 c. mini M&M’s

Preheat oven to 350°. Place peanut butter, sugar and egg into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Scoop dough evenly into a 12-count mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin pan. Cook for 13-15 minutes until almost done. Remove from oven and press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie until flush with cookie top.

Top each cookie with 3 mini marshmallows and return to oven for 2-3 more minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted smooth. Stir in 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream until silky and smooth. You can return back to microwave for 15 seconds to get a thinner consistency. Spoon chocolate over top of puffed marshmallows and sprinkle with mini M&M’s.

6 comments:

  1. They sell the mini M&Ms in the tubes. Are they the same as the mini ones for baking? They are aileah's fav. These were really yummy! thanks for making them for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! Those look scrumptious!

    So nice to meet you last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait! and these weren't at the dinner because....?! not that i could've eaten them, but i would've sincerely enjoyed watching everyone ELSE eat them! :) so great to finally hug you, lady. you're always in my thoughts and often my prayers. keep that bright & cheerful outlook. you're gonna go far, i can feel it in my bones! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!
    Once again you rock the recipe.

    It was so great to be able to meet you. You are so totally sweet, just like I imagined as I've read you.
    I'm in awe of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Heather. I saw those today. They seem more expensive than the bag they used to sell, but it's the same thing. Good to know they're still out there. And it was so nice to meet you other ladies on Saturday! (Course I kinda met you a long time ago, Heather. Like when you were born. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm, these look so good....and I'm trying to lose weight, droooooool!

    ReplyDelete