Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pioneer House Restaurant

UPDATE 8/5/15: Unfortunately, Pioneer House has closed its doors, but I'm not deleting the post since it has fun things to do. Maybe I'll rework it sometime.

I'm so excited to share with my readers and those who stumble on my blog (who are welcome to stick around and become my reader) about Mt. Pleasant, Utah's newest and funnest restaurant! My sister Tiffany and her husband Adam have worked very hard to open Pioneer House right on Highway 89, right in front of the fairgrounds and near a city park (and near a cemetery too, if you like that fact like I do). It's opening Friday, March 26th!

If you're from the area, I'm sure you have seen the historic caboose before right next to a beautiful antique shop (stop inside while you're there and check out the unique finds at great prices).


As a disclaimer, I don't live close enough to Mt. Pleasant to go often. I went down last week and took some of these photos, so the signs weren't up and they weren't finished putting tables and chairs where they would be so these photos aren't what it looks like now. I'll have to update this when I get to go back down with it all finished and up and running.


The cabin is the food truck kitchen where you order and pick up your food. The caboose and a deck have tables and chairs for you to sit and enjoy your food.

Right now they have burgers and fries, but their menu will be expanding to gourmet sandwiches and salads soon. (And my daughter Elisa has been begging them to serve smoothies.) They use only fresh ingredients and are committed to delivering quality food to bring customers back again and again.

They're open Monday - Saturday 11 am - 9 pm.
Look at all these options! There are several different sauces to choose from including Pioneer Sauce, which is their special fry sauce. 



Like them on Facebook!





Inside the caboose, but like I said, before they had it all ready. Don't worry the seats aren't just lined up like this with no tables.
 

Part of the deck next to the historic caboose

My girls playing at the caboose
So, if you are like me and don't live near Mt. Pleasant, let me give you some great excuses to go down (or up) that way while you're there trying the good food.

On Highway 89 in Mount Pleasant you can visit the Pioneer Historical Preservation Association Museum and Relic Home at 130 S. State Street. The historic home that is the museum has pioneer relics and was the home of William Stewart Seely, built around 1861. They say it's the site where the final peace treaty was signed that ended the Black Hawk War between the Mormon settlers and the Native Americans in the area. Also visit the historic blacksmith shop next to this museum home.

In case you don't know, Mt. Pleasant is near the towns of Fairview and Spring City and along the highway down to Manti. So don't forget to stop here along your way to the Manti pageant, but don't wait until then to stop by!

If you only know me through my blog, you may not know that I love (along with my 2 daughters) exploring rural areas and old towns and taking photos and posting them on Instagram. The small towns in this area are all full of buildings from the 1800's and lots of photo ops!


Mt. Pleasant is close to both Uinta-Wasatch-Cache and Manti-LaSal National Forests. So you can stop at Pioneer House to fill up on delicious food before going out to hike, 4 wheel, go horseback riding, biking, or just on a scenic ride. Did you know you can even go snow kiting? Did you know that was a thing?


Spring City (my sister Tiffany's favorite town in the whole world) is listed on the National Historic Register. Yep, the whole town. Seriously, there are so many historic pioneer homes and barns, and lots of art galleries too.

Fairview is just a couple of minutes north of Mt. Pleasant. There you can visit the Fairview Museum of History and Art.  

You can go rock climbing in Maple Canyon or go fishing in Fairview Canyon.

You can visit Skyline Mountain Resort in Fairview Canyon where they rent cabins and have campgrounds, have a pool with a waterslide, a tennis court, golf course, snowmobiling and snowshoeing.
   
For more than just a day trip, check out all these places to stay in Sanpete.
 
One of the places that's on my list to go while I'm down there visiting The Pioneer House and eating their juicy burgers, is Palisade State Park. There are cabins and a campground and Palisade Reservoir with lots to do. What I really want to do is rent paddle boats. They rent them for the hour, 1/2 day or full day, but the only prices I could find online was $30 for a full day. They also have kayaks, canoes and more.
Check out this awesome map of Sanpete if you still need help figuring out what to do before and after the awesome experience of eating in a caboose!

Shared this on PinIt Pin Party

1 comment:

  1. wow! I had no idea there was so much to do down there! Great write up.... you should be on their marketing team :) so excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete