Monday, December 21, 2015

Reach For the Sky!

From Alex's letter to me:
I did get new boots, and I had to get a size 28 (the go by centimeters here) for my boots. That is a rare thing in Japan, but luckily they had them in the boots I wanted. My clothes fit well still, and although I gained 10 pounds in the MTC, I haven't gained or lost any since then. It isn't fat either, but my muscle doesn't look that much bigger either, so I'm not sure. I do think I'm closer to 6 ft tall now, but I haven't been able to measure myself at all. I'm pretty sure I've grown a bit more since leaving on a mission though.
Elder A. and Alex

To Everyone:
All Disney quotes aside, things just seem to always be getting better. 

My scripture of the week is Helaman 10:12 "And behold, now it came to
pass that when the Lord had spoken these words unto Nephi, he did stop
and did not go unto his own house, but did return unto the multitudes
who were scattered about upon the face of the land, and began to
declare unto them the word of the Lord which had been spoken unto him,
concerning their destruction if they did not repent." I chose this
because Nephi sacrificed comfort and safety to preach the word of God. 

The kanji of the week is: 苺 pronounced "ichigo" and means Strawberry. 

Monday was pretty uneventful in the day, but at night we had family
home evening with the branch president and his wife, and another
member. 

Tuesday was a lot of finding, visiting, and traveling. We didn't get
to see all the people we wanted to, but we did get to see a less
active, and also got to have fun talking with people. 
Christmas fun
Wednesday we went to a service for mentally handicapped people, and it
was fun. No matter where you go in the world, they're always so nice!
I had lots of memories come back of elementary school field trips to
schools for the exact same reason. Fun times! We also had a good time
in English class, but only four people again. 

Thursday we had splits, and I worked in Izumi for the day. We visited
less actives for most of the day, and had a great time with all of
them. One of them apparently was very open when we went to talk this
time than from previous visits. He was very nice, and a great person. 
Another missionary

Friday was district meeting, and we also tried to get some finding in.
Not remembering too much about that day. 
 
Saturday we went to lunch with a friend of the missionaries, and he
was great. He also helped us set up a Christmas tree for the Christmas
party we had later on that day. The rest of the day was prep and the
party. It was super fun, and we had lots of people come, members,
non-members, and less actives alike.

Sunday we visited the Sato family, and also talked with Sister Aizawa
for a little while. She is a wonderful person, and she loves the
missionaries and the gospel. 

This week has been pretty short, but so much has happened this week
that I don't know where what happened where, and can't cram it all
into this email! I hope you all have a great week, and I love you all
from the bottom of my heart! 

Love, 
Elder ________ 
長老
Alex said this is an old pic with Elder U. and a nice guy who likes to practice English with them, but isn't interested in hearing about the church. Alex just got this pic from him this past week when they met up again with Elder A. this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment