Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 81 or 90

To Everyone:

Saying 81 weeks (since I got to Japan), or 90 weeks (since I went into the MTC) makes time sound really short to me! It doesn't help that we plan things out so thoroughly so that we have every hour of every waking moment planned. But looking back at the progress, and the great things that have been accomplished, I can't help but thank my God and Heavenly Father for helping me do more than I could on my own.

Kanji of the week: 秋田 pronounced "ah-key-tah" and means, literally, fall (rice)field. It is the name of the prefecture I am currently working in. 

Once again, my email is going to be shorter this week, because I can't possibly write down all the great and amazing things that have been happening here in Odate. We are finding many people, men and women, old and young, that are interested in our message, and God is guiding us in all of our efforts. I encourage all of you to find that same guidance in your life. "Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. ...again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do" (2 Nephi 32:3,5). The promise made to us is that all things we should do can be guided by the Spirit, and that includes daily life. Please, find that help in your own life, because I promise you that your Father in Heaven is willing and ready to help you, if you but seek, knock, and ask.

I love you all!
Love,
Elder

Soba noodles with spaghetti sauce

A really good melon flavored bread

An avocado chili dog      
 *The girls and I ate at Mos Burger in Australia, where that chili dog above is from. Elisa and I had a teriyaki chicken burger and Sabrina had a cheeseburger. Never heard of it before and didn't know it was also in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment