Monday, February 19, 2018

Skinny Caramel Apple Dip

It's a miracle! I found a treat that all 4 of us like. That doesn't happen very often. I have two children who don't eat fruit much, but they ate some with a bit of this to dip it in, and there's less fat in this than in a regular caramel dip. Apples, strawberries, and grapes have all tasted great. This is from The Cookie Rookie

I used a sugar-free caramel ice cream topping from Smucker's that is smaller than 16 ounces, but it worked well. We like semi-sweet chocolate chips, so I used that instead of white chocolate chips. I ended up mixing some mini chocolate chips into the dip after I took the photo. 


Skinny Caramel Apple Dip 

1 (8-oz.) pkg. fat-free cream cheese, softened
6 oz. fat-free or light whipped topping (about half of a tub)
1 (16-oz.) jar caramel sauce
1/2 c. chocolate or white chocolate chips, optional
Apple slices, for dipping

With electric mixer, blend cream cheese, whipped topping, and caramel sauce until well combined. Mix in white chocolate chips.

Serve immediately or refrigerate for about an hour to allow to set more. Serve with apple slices (or other fruit).

No comments:

Post a Comment