Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Pepperoni, Mozzarella & Broccoli Pasta Salad

I have been making this for a very long time and can't believe I haven't blogged it before. My family got this recipe when my sister Heather made it in Home Ec or Foods class at school and then she made it for us at home and we loved it. Now I make it for my family.

The dressing has the right amount of tang and the veggies give it a nice crunch. This is one of my favorite pasta salad recipes and now it can be yours.

Pepperoni, Mozzarella & Broccoli Pasta Salad

Dressing:
1/3 c. oil
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. cider vinegar
1/2 t. salt
Pepper to taste
1/2 t. dried oregano

Salad:
1/2 lb. rigatoni (or other pasta)
1 1/2 c. broccoli florets
6 oz. pepperoni, cut into pieces
3/4 c. green pepper, chopped
3 T. black olives, sliced
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
1/4 c. carrot, chopped
3 oz. mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 T. Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain; rinse with cool water. 

Break broccoli into small pieces. Place in microwaveable dish and add 1/2 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for about 3 minutes. 

Put pepperoni, green pepper, olives, onion, carrot and mozzarella in a large bowl. Add broccoli and pasta and toss to combine.

Whisk dressing ingredients together. Add to salad and toss to blend. Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later. 

2 comments:

  1. I will absoulutely be making this one! That looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone still looks at my blog even though I barely ever post??? :) Thanks for stopping by after all these years.

      Delete