Monday, May 7, 2012

1-Hour Rolls

Most people already have their go-to roll recipe, but I haven't had one. My children and I tried this one that I found at Bamamoma1 and were happy with how fast it was and with the taste. I just have a cheap hand-held mixer, not a stand mixer, so we kneaded this by hand. My children had a lot of fun taking turns doing that and they did really well. I love freshly baked bread and rolls!
1-Hour Rolls

5  t. yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1 t. salt
4 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray 2 cookie sheets with non-stick spray. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl. In mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, sugar, oil, and salt, then mix. Add the yeast mixture once it has become frothy, then mix well.  Add flour and baking soda. Knead (with machine or by hand) until the dough is smooth (2-5 minutes).  Let stand for 10 minutes.  Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick.  Cut into triangles and roll from wide side to thin (forming a crescent). Place on cookie sheet and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Those look delicious! I'm excited to try them this week.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good! And so does the chicken cordon blue! One of my favorite dishes, but I never make it because it seems so complicated. Your recipe seems pretty easy! Hope you're having a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One hour rolls is the way to go! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete