Monday, March 21, 2016

Dead Brain

Alex didn't have much time to write this week, but he did send photos. He just about said more about the photos than in the letter.
This photo was for a "bye-bye book" for 2 Elders who are leaving after this transfer.
Well, not too much time, so let's get right into it.
 
Scripture for the week is Doctrine and Covenants 81:5 "Wherefore, be
faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor
the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble
knees."
 
Kanji of the week: 空気 pronounced "coo-key" and means cookie. Just kidding. It means air. Monday was another day of rain. Can't remember exactly what happened in the evening.
One of the other missionary's mom posted this photo last week and tagged me (Valerie) since Alex is in it. Then Alex sent it to me yesterday. Alex said that the person who took the photo was the only one in the room who doesn't wear glasses. 
Tuesday was a bunch of finding, and one lesson with a recent convert. Wednesday was more finding, and we found three potential investigators. For the Sisters. But when one of us wins, we all win, so I really don't mind it at all. Also, English class. Thursday was district meeting, and weekly planning,
Some food I got at a restaurant. It was called
Cheese Gyu-don, which is rice with beef and cheese ontop. Yes I used
the Tabasco sauce.
Friday was a great lesson with an investigator in Koriyama, and English class there. Saturday was a funeral, which I don't mean to brush off as a light thing, because it isn't, but I don't have too much time to write. It suffices me to say that she was loved by many, members and non-members alike. Thanks to the plan of salvation, we know that we can see her again. Sunday was a good day at church, and the rest of the day was studies.
My companion's food. The same as mine with out cheese and a
side of salad and soup.
Sorry I don't have too much time this week, but I hope that you got something out of this! Love you! Love, Elder 長老
 
This first picture is of the most expensive syrup I've ever held. The
reason it took so long to get here, is because it's American syrup
that was sent to the UK to be shipped to Japan. We're having pancakes
for dinner tonight, and I'm sure it tastes delicous! (For Alex's birthday present, I ordered some thing on 
Amazon Japan and had them shipped to him. It included some brownie mixes and pancake mix. This syrup 
shipped separately since they didn't have it in Japan. It's just a regular sized bottle, but it was $47 after 
shipping. Crazy splurge, but he wouldn't tell me anything that he wanted for his gift. I hope they liked it.) 

We also sent a large envelope for his birthday with a few cards from family members, a journal from my sister, a pair of socks and some of his favorite candy. That was like $34. Shipping costs are not fun! He definitely doesn't get many packages.   

No comments:

Post a Comment