Thursday, July 2, 2009

7 Cosas! & Valerieology

I was "tagged" twice this week so I've combined them into 1 post. First, Cherie at Bakow Babble gave me the MeMe! 7 Cosas! (7 Things! in Spanish) Award. I found Cherie's blog some time ago while searching for some help with my blog and I've been visiting ever since.
I have to tell you 7 things that you might not know about me. Then I need to pass the award on to 7 people.

1. I love Febreze, especially for after I've fried food and the house smells like dinner. The cabinet in my laundry room could be perfect for a Febreze commercial. 2. I don't eat potato chips much, but when I do, I like dipping them in mustard. I started doing that in elementary school.

3.When I was in junior high, I had a summer job as a receptionist at the Boys/Girls Club and loved it, even though I got to see everybody come in and go play or swim while I was working.

4. This one won’t be a surprise to my family reading my blog, but most other people might not know it. I was a relentless prankster when I was young, having 5 younger brothers and sisters to scare and fool. Some of the pranks were mean, but I still laugh until I can’t breathe when we talk about some of them. (Sorry, guys!)

5. I tried mochi bits (a Japanese treat) topping on frozen yogurt today and liked it. What a fun texture.
6. I don’t have any current photos of my kids up in my house. I’ve been too lazy to send the photos to have them printed so they sit in my computer and my frames all sit in my closet.

7. When I was little, my dad was taking turns giving us kids a ride on my uncle’s moped. I was watching my little sister (not yet in kindergarten as I remember it) and my dad down the street. I think I was outside with another sister and my blind uncle. I saw the moped go down and my sister and dad crash into the road. I ran into the house to tell my mom and grandparents, but everyone thought I was kidding. (That prankster thing haunted me many times!) It was a bad crash, but thankfully they both survived. I still don’t like mopeds or motorcycles though!

VALERIEOLOGY (That’s a lot of vowels!)

Another blog I go to (check out her beautiful cakes on the right!) is Tara. She did this tag and at the end tagged a "Valerie". I don't know for sure that it's me since I don't know how many Valerie's she knows, :) but I'll assume it is me.

Let others know a little more about yourself, re-post this as your name followed by "ology".

***********FOODOLOGY***************

What is your salad dressing of choice? Balsamic Vinaigrette

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? I can't choose one.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? I can’t think of one food. I get tired of things pretty quickly.
What are your pizza toppings of choice? I love veggie pizza, especially with tomatoes.
What do you like to put on your toast? I don’t eat toast.
***********TECHNOLOGY***************

How many televisions are in your house? I’m embarrassed to say that we have 5. About 2 years ago we had 2. Then we bought one for the guest room before my in-laws came to visit. Then my parents gave Alex one. Then recently we bought a new TV for the family room and moved the old one into another room instead of getting rid of it. EEEEKK!
What color is your cell phone? Silver
***************BIOLOGY******************
Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right

Have you ever had anything removed from your body? 3 little parasites (my kids)
What was the last heavy item you lifted? A 25-lb. bag of flour

Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No

************BULLCRAPOLOGY**************

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? I don’t think so.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I’ve had my name a long time and couldn’t get used to another name now. When I was little I wanted to change my name to Penelope (The Rescuers), but not anymore!

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? I would sure try.

************DUMBOLOGY******************
How many pairs of flip flops do you own? 1 pair
Last person you talked to? Elisa

Last person you hugged? Probably Robin when he left for work
**************FAVORITOLOGY****************

Season? Spring

Holiday? Christmas

Day of the week? Friday
Month? May---Mother’s day and my birthday!

***********CURRENTOLOGY*****************

Missing someone? Several friends who live far, far away and I never get to see!
Mood? Worried I’ll never get everything done I need to this week and next

What are you listening to? Breaking Dawn on CD---Don’t get mad, Heather. I’m not liking it so far.
Watching? My kids and their friends eat snacks

Worrying about? My list is too long!
***************RANDOMOLOGY*****************

First place you went this morning? Took the girls to their friends’ house for a pool party
What's the last movie you saw? Up

Do you smile often? Not as often as I should

Sleeping Alone Tonight? I never do.

***************OTHER-OLOGY*****************

Do you always answer your phone? Not if I’m in the middle of something or if I don’t recognize the phone number.

It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? Wrong number

If you could change your eye color what would it be? Very green

What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I don’t like Sonic.

Do you own a digital camera? Yes.

Do you have a pet fish? Not yet. Before we moved into this house, I told the kids we’d get fish
once we moved. That was 3 years ago.

Favorite Christmas song(s)? Don’t have one.
What's on your wish list for your birthday? I just had my birthday and got lots of great stuff!

Can you do push ups? Yes, but not many.

Can you do a chin up? Nope. I USED to be able to.
Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Excited

Do you have any saved texts? Yes because I’m too lazy to delete them.
Ever been in a car wreck? Yes, but not a bad one

Do you have an accent? I don’t think I do, but my friends in Ohio say I do. (Really they do!)
What is the last song to make you cry? Rob Thomas' Ever the Same

Plans tonight? Cleaning
Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? I dunno.

Name 3 things you bought yesterday: Groceries, clothes for the every-growing Alex

Have you ever been given roses? Yes.

Current worry? Organizing the fundraiser bake sale!

Current hate right now? My bad eating habits I can’t seem to change. (At least it’s something I’m in control of changing if I just tried some self-discipline.)

Met someone who changed your life? Many people

How will you bring in the New Year? I don’t know what I’m doing for the Fourth of July and that’s 2 days away.

What song represents you? I don’t have time to come up with one. Sorry. Any ideas?

Would you go back in time if you were given the chance? Yes

Do you have any tattoos/piercings? Just pierced ears

Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now? Yep

Would you be a pirate? No
So, now I'm supposed to pass this award on to 7 people. I enjoy so many people's blogs, but I'm not sure if anyone comes here often to see this. So if you are reading this, consider yourself awarded and tagged!!!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post...it was a great way to get to know you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny about the parasites!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading all the fun things about you!
    Potato chips with mustard eh? Not ever heard of that one.
    I am not a motorcycle/moped lover either - had several good friends killed in accidents.
    We have 4 tv's so I am glad someone has us beat - hee hee!!

    Have a GREAT 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol - I totally meant you. I don't think I know any other Valerie's (: It was smart of you to bold type the question. I just copied and pasted mine from the blogger who tagged me and my questions and answers all seem to run together. Also, that's the first (non-miniature) picture that I have seen of you! I hope your family has a fantastic fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete