Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lucky Mint Cheesecake--Happy Cheesecake Day!

I was going to post something different today, but this morning I learned that it is National Cheesecake Day. I’m so lucky that I recently made a cheesecake and can post it today. But first, start listening to this crazy cheesecake song that I found a couple of weeks ago and keep going around my house singing.

My sister Sheri sent this recipe to me quite some time ago since she knows that I love chocolate and mint together. This isn’t as rich as many cheesecakes, but it’s still good, and it’s very easy. I scattered some Andes candies bits on top, but you could drizzle more chocolate if you like. I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk and low-fat cream cheese. Ready to munch on some cheesecake? Try this one or check out one of my old posts of a GREAT cheesecake HERE . Lucky Mint Cheesecake

1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1 (6-oz.) chocolate crumb pie crust
11 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 t. mint extract
Several drops green food coloring
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350º. In small saucepan, melt chips with 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk. Stir in vanilla. Spread on bottom of pie crust.
With mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy; gradually beat in remaining sweetened condensed milk, mint extract, and green food coloring. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Place pie crust on baking sheet; place on oven rack. Carefully pour mint mixture over chocolate layer in pie crust. Bake 25 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool. Chill at least 3 hours. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good to me but since Adam won't eat it, I shouldn't make it. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - I did not know it was National Cheesecake day! How awesome is that!!
    Now I have an excuse to go to the cheesecake factory today!! ha ha

    This cheesecake looks really good too. I love how you can add just about anything to cheesecake that you love and it tastes yummy - almost the perfect food :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheesecake looks good...isn't it true that green things are good for us?
    Wish I could hear the cheesecake song but my computer isn't letting me. If I could hear it, I would be able to have a song different than the song from Bonanza going through my head.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun song! And the cheesecake--YUM!

    ReplyDelete