Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spinach And Cheese Cupcakes

I found this recipe in a cookbook quite some time ago and copied it, but never tried it until recently. I didn't write the name of the cookbook unfortunately. They made several more than 12 minis for me, but I forgot to write down how many it did make. I really liked these and they make a cute side dish or appetizer.


Spinach And Cheese Cupcakes
Nonstick olive oil spray
1/2 c. bread crumbs or instant potato flakes
1/2 c. chopped onion, frozen or fresh
1 c. refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 t. minced garlic, jarred or fresh
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 c. milk, 2% or whole
2 large or extra-large eggs
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese or shredded Swiss cheese

Preheat the oven to 375°. Coat 12 cups of a mini-muffin tin with oil spray and dust with bread crumbs or instant potato flakes.

Coat a nonstick skillet with oil spray and warm the skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 4 minutes.

Combine the sauteed onions, mashed potatoes, spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix in the milk and eggs until blended and stir in the cheese.

Fill each muffin cup with 2/3 cup of the potato mixture and bake for 25 minutes, until browned and set.

8 comments:

  1. Those look YUMMY! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched cupcake wars at my daughter's house the other day and the ingredients they made them with we're unusual. I half expected to see an actual cupcake made from spinach and cheese! Glad it was these tasty morsels. Thanks for sharing! Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound great...and it's a cupcake I can actually eat. :). I will definitely try these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look and sound great...and it's a cupcake I can actually eat. :). I will definitely try these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! And I love that they're cupcakes! I think even my picky eaters would like these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are like little Quiche's - Fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete