Friday, February 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge Pretzel Brownies

I like salty and sweet combinations and chocolate and peanut butter combinations and this is both. I found it at The Sweet Spot. It is pretty similar to one I made before called Super Peanut Butter Filled Brownies, but those didn't have pretzels. I actually just used the Chewy Cocoa Brownies recipe I posted before instead of the one I found with the recipe since it called for coffee. I'm sure you can use your favorite recipe or even a boxed mix if you like them. I was a little disappointed because I expected a crunchy pretzel crust, but it was a little soggy and very crumbly, but still good. It might be because I made the crust and brownies and put them in the pan, and then stuck it in the refigerator until the next day when I baked it. So probably my fault.   

Peanut Butter Fudge Pretzel Brownies 

Pretzel Crust
3 c. crushed pretzels
3/4 c. melted butter

Combine in a bowl then press into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan. Set aside.

1 2/3 c. sugar
¾ c. butter, melted
2 T. water
2 large eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
¾ c. cocoa
½ t. baking powder
¼ t. salt
¾ c. chopped nuts (optional)
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°.  Combine sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan on top of pretzel crust. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.

Peanut Butter Frosting
2 c. melted peanut butter
1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. vanilla extract

Mix until smooth and spread over hot brownies. Chill brownies in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is why I love Reese's PB cups so much--the salty peanut butter and the sweet chocolate. Same goes for chocolate-covered pretzels. This seems to meet those requirements. :) yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut Butter and Chocolate are hands down my favorite combo in the world - I will definately be making these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure nothing would taste better in the world.

    ReplyDelete