Saturday, February 4, 2012

Peruvian Grilled Chicken

Today didn't go as planned, but what does lately? I planned on getting up early, reviewing for my organic chemistry test and taking it in 2 hours or less, running home to make a birthday cake for my nephew and then spending the whole rest of the day doing homework so I could get to sleep before 2 am every day next week.

Well, I slept in until almost 8:00 and took longer to review than I should have. Then I took 4 hours to take that test. That is a very long time. Ran home and started making the cake with my girls and realized I had no flour. Ran to the store and home. Continued making the cake and realized I had grabbed light margarine instead of regular earlier in the week. Decided to use it anyway and the frosting did not like it so it's just a glaze. Cake is all done and I'm taking a 10 minute breather here before I finally start my homework.

I found this recipe about a month ago on a blog that has since shut down so I can't link to it. My kids liked how tender the chicken is and I like that it's so easy. I used an indoor grill so it doesn't have all the pretty grill marks on it.

Peruvian Grilled Chicken
8 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 T. paprika
1 t. turmeric
1/2 t. cayenne 
1/2 t. ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1/4 c.rice vinegar.

Take a gallon zip back and throw garlic. Smash these well with a mallet. Now add paprika, turmeric, cayenne, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Rub these together inside the bag. Then add canola oil, lemon juice and rice vinegar. Add chicken and place in the refrigerator to marinade for up to 4 hours. Grill until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment