Sunday, August 27, 2017

Blackberry Basil Ricotta Pizza

When I recently saw this recipe at The Stay at Home Chef, I wanted to make it. It was like nothing I have ever eaten before. It's easy, yet turns out looking elegant. 

Used basil from my plant and blackberries from the farmers market. Just make your favorite pizza dough or a refrigerated one. I had rolled mine out to a perfect circle, and then when I transferred it to the pizza stone, it stretched out of shape, leaving me with a rustic look, and that's okay. 

Have your ingredients all ready before you put the pizza crust on the hot pizza stone since it will immediately start to bake. I warmed my stone at 500°, but then lowered it to 400° since the crust was already browned on the bottom when I put it in the oven.
Blackberry Basil Ricotta Pizza

1 (14 to 16-inch) unbaked pizza crust
1 T. olive oil
1 (6-oz.) pkg. fresh blackberries, halved
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 c. ricotta cheese
10 large basil leaves, sliced into strips

Preheat a 14 to 16-inch pizza stone in an oven at 500°.

Carefully place pizza crust on hot pizza stone. Rub the olive oil over the pizza crust. Smash half of the blackberries and spread out over the crust.

Top oiled crust with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Scatter remaining blackberries over the pizza. Place spoonfuls of ricotta randomly over the pizza.

Bake on the pizza stone for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese starts to brown. Scatter basil leaves over the pizza during the last few minutes of baking. Remove from oven and slice into 8 large slices.




No comments:

Post a Comment