Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Turkey, Pesto and Cranberry Melt

Yep, this is a messy, pumped-up grilled cheese sandwich and it is so good! Bonus: it's so easy. Make your own pesto and cranberry sauce or use store-bought. This classic pairing of turkey and cranberries, along with pesto and melty mozzarella, was on The Hopeless Housewife blog. 

Since I had some pesto leftover from making a pasta dish that I still need to post, I thought I'd throw this together as my daughter Elisa's going-away dinner. She left this morning for New York to sing at Carnegie Hall. Crazy and awesome! Anyway, we loved this sandwich. 

I used deli sliced turkey this time, but I'll use some good roasted turkey next time. You don't really need a recipe once you know the ingredients, but I'll give it to you anyway.


Turkey, Pesto and Cranberry Melt
6 slices of roasted turkey breast
6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
4 T. basil pesto
6 T. fresh or canned cranberry sauce
4 slices sourdough bread, cut ½ – ¾ inch thick
Butter


Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.

Spread the pesto on the sourdough bread, and then add turkey breast, cranberry sauce, and mozzarella cheese.

Place the sandwich into the skillet and let cook for a few minutes until cheese becomes melty, then flip the sandwich onto the other side and repeat until desired color and look is reached.


No comments:

Post a Comment