Friday, February 5, 2016

Zucchini Rice

I debated putting this recipe on my blog. Not because it's not really good. It is! It's just super simple so it seems like you don't really need a recipe. But since we liked it, I decided to post it since my blog is my cookbook. We eat a lot of rice and I get tired of plain rice so it was good to add some veggies for something different. The recipe from Chungah calls for black beans, but I didn't have any. I'm sure that would be a great addition.

Zucchini Rice
  • 1 1/2 c. uncooked rice
  • 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2 zucchini, shredded
  • 2 T. unsalted butter
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

  • In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.

  • Remove from heat and stir in black beans, corn, zucchini, butter, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment