Monday, February 15, 2016

Wonderful Weather

This part is from his letter to me before he wrote the mass email so some of it is repeated. 

I am transferring, and I'm going to a place called Aizuwakamatsu. It's a mouthful, I know. My companion is going to be Elder H., and I will have two more Elders in the apartment: Elder O. and Elder B. if I remember correctly. There are also two sisters in the district. The "biggest" news, is that I'm going to become a district leader there. It will be my first time, and I'm sure it will be an adventure. 


They are doing transfers differently now, and we will be told our companion and area over the phone, and will go to our area as fast as we can. I leave tonight, so that's why I had to finish packing before writing.


To Everyone:
I have news: I am transferring. It has been roughly 4 months here in
Furukawa, and is the longest area (tied with Yonezawa and Hachinohe),
and Elder A. is a companion I've had for the longest (tied with
Elder O., and Elder B.--both now home from their missions).
Note from Valerie: These are different Elders O and B than above. 

The change that really surprised me, however, is I am becoming a
district leader. So, I am going to Sendai tonight to get training in
the morning tomorrow, and I will probably not come back to Furukawa
for the rest of my mission. 

 My scripture of the week is Moroni 8:26, "And the remission of sins
bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and
lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which
Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by
diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints
shall dwell with God." 

 Kanji of the week: 任天堂 pronounced "nintendo." This is loved by many,
so I don't think I need to explain what it means, but an interesting
fact is that Nintendo used to make board and card games before they
became a video game company. It was the only Kanji I could think of
off the top of my head that I might not have shared. 
It's not appetizing looking, but delicious food called okonomi yaki.
We made it ourselves.

 Monday was normal, and we had a great time visiting an investigator at
the local mall, and also at family home evening. 

 Tuesday we went to another town in our area, and were able to talk to
two less active's, and find some very nice high school boys. The rest
of the day was finding. 

 Wednesday we did Streeting, and housing, and not too much to say about
that. We had one person mistake us for Jehovah's Witnesses, but
nothing else really. English class was fun, and everyone was so
energetic. I announced that one of us might be gone next week, and
they were all super sad and thanked us both for everything just incase
we left. It really showed me how much I have an impact on others lives
even when I feel like all I do is teach them English for an hour.
Afterwards, we had two short lessons with one of the English students
who became an investigator, and also a member who likes the
missionaries a lot.

 Thursday we did weekly planning, so a lot of our day went to that. We
did some Streeting after that, and then went to an old investigators
house, to see how they were doing. Not much had changed, but they
still love missionaries. Not much else I can really think of that
happened that day. 

 Friday we went and did district training meeting, and then I came back
with Elder M.  We had a great day, and were able to get some
finding in, and also a lesson with a new investigator. She loves
English, and she also has lots of interest in the church. The 30
minute English, 30 minute Japanese/gospel practice program we have is
great for her. The branch president was there, and it was a great
lesson. We answered a lot of her questions, and the missionaries will
next meet with her on my birthday. 
A box of chocolates I got from an English class student for Valentine's Day. Don't worry, she's
waaaay older than me, but she loves missionareis.
 Saturday Elder A. came back to Furukawa, and the other two went
back to Izumi, we then went to street for a bit, but didn't get much.
After dinner, we went to visit a different investigator, he's a high
school student. He and his friend were outside talking, so we talked
to both of them. His friend asked some questions about us and the
church, so we told answered all his questions and asked him to read
the Book of Mormon we gave him. It was a great lesson, because our
investigator helped teach his friend! That night, I got the call to Aizuwakamatsu, one of the furthest south areas in the mission. My new
companion will be Elder H., and I'm looking forward to it all. 

 Sunday we had a great day at church, and everyone was sad to hear I
was leaving. It was again eye opening, because I didn't feel like I
did all I could to work for the members, but they all kept saying how
much they'd miss me. After church, we gave a member a blessing, and it
was a super spiritual blessing. A huge chunk of the day was then taken
for studies (next transfer I'll have an extra hour of work a day!).
The night was pretty fun, but uneventful. We tried our best though! 

That's the fast version of this week. We had our greatest week
together this week, and I'm sad to leave at such a wonderful time. But
I know that God wants me in Aizuwakamatsu. Have a great week everyone. 

 Love, 
Elder 
長老

No comments:

Post a Comment