Sunday, April 1, 2012

Secret Mediterranean Marinated Chicken

While all my LDS friends are posting beautiful thoughts on our church's General Conference from this past weekend, I only have time to post a recipe. My pondering blog has almost turned into a cooking blog. I love to cook and share recipes, so it's not a problem. It is just faster for me to post a recipe than to put thoughts into words and share them. I hope I will get to soon since I was so moved by many talks this weekend. I have one more month til the end of the semester! So excited to get a break!

In the meantime, I will share, little by little, the food we ate this weekend. Since I've been posting so many desserts, I need to start with the main dish. I'm not sure how I came across this site, but I found the recipe at Cutting Edge Mediterranean Recipes and changed it just a little. This dish is marinated overnight (I highly recommend overnight) and it is SO flavorful and tender that I can't wait to have it again. I warmed up some diced, canned fire-roasted tomatoes along with salt and pepper and poured that over the grilled chicken. All the flavor in the chicken was enough that I didn't add any other spices to the tomatoes. I'm not a bossy person, but have to say, "You gotta try this!"

Secret Mediterranean Marinated Chicken

4 chicken Breasts
3 cloves of garlic
1 T. ground cumin
2 T. of extra virgin olive oil
1 t. sweet paprika
1 c. tomato purée
1 T. honey
1 lime, juice and grated zest
Juice of 1 lemon
Parsley to sprinkle
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  
Combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.

Turn the chicken breasts over two or three times in the marinade and leave to marinate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.

Set grill or bbq to high and put the chicken breasts on. Cook for about ten minutes or until the skin is crisping up. Turn them over and cook for a further ten minutes. Turn down to low. Place chicken on a shallow sided oven tray.

2 comments: