Friday, January 17, 2014

Cherry Cream Crescents

I had a can of cherry pie filling that needed to be used so I decided to make these sweet treats that I used to make pretty often, but haven't made in quite some time now and I haven't even posted yet. These use refrigerated crescent dough to make a quick fix for your sweet tooth. I made a glaze with powdered sugar, milk and almond extract and pour it on top of the crescents.


Cherry Cream Crescents

1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 egg, separated
3 (8-oz.) pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (21-oz.) can cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 3 baking sheets. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and egg yolk. Separate dough into triangles; place on greased baking sheets. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture near the edge of the short side of each triangle. Top with 1 tablespoon pie filling. Fold long point of triangle over filling and tuck under dough. Lightly beat egg white; brush over rolls. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I wish I had the stuff to make these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds so yummy to make. I am wishing I could whip some up right now.

    ReplyDelete