Saturday, May 10, 2014

Homemade Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

This homemade sugar scrub is so easy and super fast! And it exfoliates and leaves your skin soft just like the sugar scrubs I've bought before. I don't think I'll be buying any ever again, and I think I'll start whipping some of this up and giving it as gifts. The recipe below will give you 2 small Mason jars. I doubled it and made this larger jar for me and a small jar for my girls.

Coconut oil is actually semi-solid at room temperature and there is no need to melt it to mix this up. It blends easily. I found this recipe at My Frugal Adventures, where Charlene mentions that you can add more sugar if you'd like more exfoliation. I plan on trying other scents too.

Homemade Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub
¼ c. coconut oil
1 c. sugar
2 large limes or 3 small limes (3-4 T. lime juice)
3 T. lime zest
Using a grater or microplane, grate 3 tablespoons of lime zest from the lime. Once you have your lime zest, cut the lime in half and juice it for 3-4 tablespoons of lime juice. In a medium size bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, lime juice and lime zest and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment