Thursday, May 22, 2014

Jersey-Style Hot Dogs

I had never heard of Jersey-Style Hot Dogs before I saw them in a Taste of Home magazine. They have potatoes served on top of the hot dog. We don't eat hot dogs very often at my house, but they are a quick meal so I wanted to put them on our menu. I served them with Homemade J Dawgs Sauce that I really like, even if it wasn't Jersey-style. This was a fun change and gave just a bit of a crunch, which I liked. Easy and flavorful. I made a much smaller batch though since my 3 kids and I would never eat that much.


Jersey-Style Hot Dogs
6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds), halved and thinly sliced
3 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
3 large onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
1/3 c. olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 t. salt
1-1/2 t. pepper
12 bun-length beef hot dogs
12 hot dog buns, split

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red peppers and onions. In a small
bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to potato mixture and
toss to coat.
Transfer to two 13x9-in. disposable foil pans; cover with foil. Place
pans on grill rack over medium heat; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes or
until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until heated
through, turning occasionally. Place buns on grill, cut side down;
grill until lightly toasted. Place hot dogs and potato mixture in
buns. Serve with remaining potato mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment