Friday, November 21, 2014

We Don't Want a Smelly Elder

My son didn't get to write a letter "To Everyone" this week because he ran out of time. In his letter to me he mentioned that along with singing in the choir, he auditioned to sing the tenor part of some carols at a surprise party. There are only 2 people chosen for each singing part and I'd imagine there are some elders who have been in choir in school or even had vocal coaches. He is brave and loves music so I'm sure he did well even without all of that vocal experience.

He won't get to send me or anyone a letter next week since his p-day is Thursdays and the MTC is having a special Thanksgiving day planned for them, including humanitarian service. Hopefully he'll still get to do his laundry. Hehe I will really miss hearing from him.

I recently learned from a Facebook group of Sendai missionary moms that Japan does not have effective deodorant and their toothpaste is different than what we're used to, so I'll be sending him an exciting Thanksgiving package of those two, along with some other things. Some moms have sent 10-15 sticks of deodorant. It gets very hot and humid in the summer so it's pretty important to have.



Alex did send his testimony to share with everyone so I'll end with that.

"I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he suffered and died for each of us. I know that through him we can be forgiven of our mistakes and our sins, because I have felt of his love and mercy personally. I know that God gave his Only Begotten Son for us, that we may return to live with Him again. God is our Loving Heavenly Father, and cares about us each individually and personally. I have no doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His church on earth, once again restored--as it was in times of old--through his love for us. I know that God appeared to a 14 year old boy named Joseph Smith, and called him as a prophet for these latter days, and that through Joseph Smith much of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored. I know that the current leader of our Church, President Thomas S. Monson, is Joseph Smiths authorized successor and is also a prophet of God. I have chosen to serve a mission for His church--to a place that I myself did not chose--to share this message of love, joy, happiness and peace to the people of Japan, that they too may feel our Father's love, that they may be able to be freed of guilt and shame from past mistakes through the blood of Him who died to make it possible. I testify that what I say is true, that man and woman can come to know God, and that anyone can know of these truths if they sincerely pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ with an open mind and a willing heart. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, as an official representative of Him, and with all the love I can muster. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment