Monday, February 29, 2016

Have Faith

From his letter to me: 
This week was amazing! Being a district leader isn't that busy, except on Sunday's, when I have to gather everyone's reports of their weekly efforts and key indicators (I'll let you look that up if you don't know what that means), weeks that I have to do companion exchanges, and weeks that we need district training meetings. Also, things are going to be getting pretty exciting pretty soon, and I'll probably have to start doing interviews for baptismal candidates quite frequently. I'm looking forward to seeing the work of the Lord hasten here in Japan.

Days have been pretty chilly down here in Aizu, because we are in the mountains. Not too bad though, with only a bit of fallen snow. None of it stuck though. Hope the weather stays nice!

It's hard for me to imagine my teenage years are over, but I am so glad that I am losing them to my God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Also, when President Monson and the 12 and all the other general authorities were trying to decide if they should lower the age for missions, President Monson received revelation that they needed to get the youth on missions sooner so that they can marry, and marry quicker. Not saying that I have anyone that I plan on marrying (quite the opposite, really), but just thought you should know. :)
The missionaries writing home. Good boys!


To Everyone:
This week, we had the wonderful opportunity to learn at the feet of Elder Choi, the second counselor of the Asia North Area, and a humble and wise mine. He and his wife shared lots of things with us, but one thing that we need to always remember, is faith in Christ. Because of Christ, we will live again. Because of Christ, we can be with family for eternity. Because of Christ, we can feel peace. Because of Christ we can be forgiven. All that is good comes from Him. So please, not for anyone else's sake, but for your own, have faith. As Alma said so well, "...If ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." (Alma 32:27; emphasis added)
A 3 story escalator (He sends photos of some funny things)

My scripture of the week is Doctrine and Covenants 60:2, "But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man. Wo unto such, for mine anger is kindled against them." I need the motivation to always open my mouth, and what more motivation can you get than knowing what your doing is pleasing God, someone who I owe everything to.

the Kanji of the week is: 神の奥義 pronounced "Kami no okugi" and means the mysteries of God.

Monday's are never really anything to report on. In the evening, we did some area book work, and tried to call some people.

Tuesday we did finding, and also had a lesson with a recent convert, and also with a new investigator. The rest of the day was finding.

Wednesday we tried to find some more, but didn't end up having that much time. We had to take a bus pretty early to go to Sendai, so we spent 2 and a half hours on a bus, and ate dinner there.
Cookies we sent from Amazon Japan for his birthday that's this week
Thursday was spent all day in Sendai, learning from Elder Choi (pronounced Che) and I had a great time. The mission is going to go through lots of changes, not because anything in the structure is changing, but because the missionaries are. It's a great time to be a missionary in the Japan Sendai mission. In the evening, I went with Elder E., my zone leader and friend, to Yamagata for splits.

Friday was a great day of talking to everyone, having many great lessons, and seeing the Lord's hand in our work. We found lots of people that were interested, but that didn't come with it's fair share of rejections. We did get to have some funny rejections though, like an old lady running--yes, running-- from me, among others. It was cool to work there, because I hadn't been there since last year, almost to the date, and my first companion served there for the last three transfers, roughly four months, of his mission.
A puzzle we sent him that he figured out in 2 days, but he can't remember how to put back together yet

Saturday was spent traveling, and in weekly planning. That's all we had time for.

Sunday was great, had my first sacrament meeting in my new area's ward, and got to know the members a bit. Partaking of the sacrament was, as it is always, a time of reflection and rededication to God. We helped clean the church after services, and then studied. The next hours were spent trying to find less actives' houses. There were some that moved, some that had no interest in the gospel any more, and some who weren't home. Although all are sad cases, we did get a new potential investigator, and also met the mother of a less active who was really happy to hear that we are more than glad to help her if she needs any help with her house (I think I heard her say she lives alone). I hope she really takes us up on that offer!

That's my week! Hope you like it, and I hope your weeks were good too. Have a great week again, everyone! Love you all!

Love,

Elder
長老
Panorama --- It stitched it on his face so he looks kinda funny he said
 

No comments:

Post a Comment