Monday, April 18, 2016

Honey

Alex should have put the subject Sakura instead of honey with all the cherry blossom photos he sent. I've been bugging him to make sure to take lots when they finally blossomed and he did! I was so excited to get them.



I don't know why I titled this message honey, but I don't have
anything else to write.

Scripture of the week is Doctrine and Covenants 88:125, "And above all
things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity, as with a mantle,
which is the bond of perfectness and peace."
 
Kanji of the week is: 嵐 pronounced "a-rah-she" and means storm.
 

Monday we went to go see the cherry blossoms at the castle here in Aizuwakamatsu and it was really pretty. Right after we finished, the on and off snow that we had turned into a strong snow storm, so we walked back home. Not much else to say about Monday. Tuesday was not very eventful either, and the only thing I can really say about it was a good lesson with our recent convert. He's doing good.


A wedding at the castle
Wednesday I got sick again, so we didn't do anything besides going to English class in the evening. Thursday we had a lesson in the morning with a less active, and we helped him make a family history account on familysearch.org. We then had district meeting, weekly planning, and an activity with the missionaries and others (investigators, less active members, etc).

Friday we went to Koriyama and had a lesson with an investigator there. We then waited for someone else who we made an appointment with to show up, but he never showed up, so since we weren't going to have dinner because of that appointment, we went to eat. We then did English class, and that was fun. Saturday was a picnic near the castle in a park that was full of cherry blossoms with the branch. It was pretty and really fun. After that we went to go to a lesson with an old investigator that we made an appointment with. He really wants to know about Christ, but is super busy. Then we had a lesson with a recent convert, and reviewed the plan of salvation.

The bridge leads to a wall called the "Falling Ninja" wall because it's really tall

Sunday was great, and we had fun with the members in appropriate ways while learning about the doctrine of Christ. I especially liked a lesson during the third hour, which was focused on home teaching, but I was able to apply it really well to questions I had regarding missionary work. After church we went to the ward counsel meeting, and after that the rest of the day was studies and reporting. This week has been trying, but I know that as I continue to put my trust in God that all will work out for my good. I know that He lives, loves me (and everyone individually), and is my Heavenly Father. Have a good week everyone. Love, Elder 長老

Eating cherry blossom ice cream-- really delicious



Cherry blossom ice cream all around

1 comment: