Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oreo Muffins

I started making treats for Sabrina's birthday party. She wanted a pig party, but we couldn't find anything at party stores with pigs, strangely enough, and piggie desserts were hard to find online. But my mom collects pig stuff and she lent a lot of it to Sabrina. So she decided to keep the pigs, but add something else for more choices with food. It became a Pigs and Polka Dots party. She always has very unusual themes. Remember her Frog/Skunk/Turtle party?

I figured just about any dessert with chocolate chips or cherries could qualify as polka dots. Right??? So we had a lot to desserts to choose from on the list. Since it's Sabrina's party, I have to give up a lot of control (not easy!) and mostly let her choose desserts. She didn't actually want this one because she doesn't like Oreos, but she let me make this one as one of the desserts since it is so easy. Easy and chocolatey with melty chocolate chips and chunks of cookie. I've had the recipe in my file for years and don't know where I originally found it. Next time I'll add almond extract or vanilla for just a little change.


Chocolate Chip Oreo Muffins

1 lg. egg
½ c. milk
¼ c. butter, melted
1½ c. flour
½ c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. Oreo cookies, crushed

            Preheat oven to 400ยบ. Beat together the egg, milk and butter.  Stir in the remaining ingredients except the Oreos. Fold in Oreos; batter will be lumpy.  Spoon into greased/lined muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Yield: About 12 muffins.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun party! I remember going to a party once and we ate ice cream sundaes from a pig trough. (Cleaned out of course, and probably lined with food grade plastic if I remember right). Anyway~ it was fun! At least to my teenage self. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina is certainly creative! glad you were able to make an easy and yummy looking dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sabrina!
    Love the pig party theme idea.
    I'm pretty sure that now the party is done you'll see all sorts of pig things. (that always happens to me anyway)

    ReplyDelete