Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pineapple, Corn and Bell Pepper Relish

Since I already love the Red Pepper Relish on the chicken sandwiches, I copied this other relish recipe as soon as I saw it on Eat Yourself Skinny. I was especially drawn to the recipe because I love pineapple and it was definitely the star of the dish to me! I loved each component of the relish, but the pineapple made me want more and more.

The only thing I changed was to grill the corn and pineapple. I just thought I'd like it better. I made it with a grilled teriyaki chicken instead of the chicken recipe Kelly made with the relish because we like a saucier chicken. How many favorite dishes can one person have? I dunno, but this is on my list! Are you drooling yet???

Pineapple, Corn and Bell Pepper Relish 

2 c. cubed fresh pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
1/2 c. fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
1/3 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 c. thinly sliced fresh basil
3 T. finely chopped red onion
1 T. cider vinegar
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt

Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Serve over chicken.

5 comments:

  1. I love pineapple too! This sounds yummy, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I'm drooling. Nothing better than grilled pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, this relish looks AMAZING! I think grilling sounds awesome, too. I definitely am excited to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun blog!! SOOOOoo nice to meet you :). Thank you for sharing!
    xox
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really good. I'll have to make some of that.

    ReplyDelete