Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blueberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins

My daughter Sabrina requested blueberry-chocolate chip muffins for her birthday dessert. I hadn't had any before so I didn't have a recipe. I looked online and found a few and made one a few weeks ago. I wasn't impressed so this time I tried a recipe I found on AllRecipes.com for Blueberry Muffins and I threw in the chocolate chips. I used only 1 cup of reduced fat sour cream and then 1 cup low fat plain yogurt instead of the 2 cups of sour cream. My kids said there should be more blueberries and chocolate chips, but they tasted pretty good and are very moist. And they were devoured much faster than I expected since the recipe made 24 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins.  
Blueberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla extract
4 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2 c. sour cream
2 c. blueberries
2 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400. Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment