Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Low-Fat Zucchini Brownie

I love desserts, but not how tight my pants feel if I've eaten too much of the wrong food. So I have been trying some lower-fat desserts. Nothing too healthy, but there are fruits and veggies in this one. And no butter, oil or egg. There are 2 WW points per serving if you cut the 9x13-inch pan into 24 pieces, according to Spark Recipes where I found it.

I baked it longer than the 25 minutes stated because it was very undone still. You can see in the photo that the top of the brownies still was a little undercooked, but I liked it that way since I didn't add any frosting. These suprised me, being moist and delicious and I wouldn't have guessed they were low-fat. I didn't add walnuts, but I would like that even more with a bit of crunch.
Low-Fat Zucchini Brownie

1/2 c. applesauce
2 small or medium bananas mashed
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. finely shredded zucchini
2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. walnut, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 9x13-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar. Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together. Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together. Add flour and walnuts and mix together. Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment