Saturday, March 7, 2015

Mojo Chicken with Citrus

Oh, boy! I have been making so many wonderful new dishes lately that I have found online. I just can't keep up with posting them all. I use my blog as my cookbook when I'm making menus for the next week, along with adding new recipes that I find, so I need to make sure I get all the dishes we loved posted.

I found this juicy chicken recipe at http://thefitfork.com/healthy-grilling-mojo-chicken-breast-with-citrus-recipe/ and as soon as I saw it, I knew I would love it. I was glad that we all did. This is something I'd love to serve to family or friends. Pretty, tender, colorful, delicious!

Mojo Chicken with Citrus
2 large chicken breasts (approx. 1 lb.)
1 t. ground pepper
1 large lime, cut into wedges
2 small oranges, slices crosswise
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1 (10-oz.) container cherry tomatoes
 
Mojo Sauce:
¼ c. fresh orange juice
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
3 T. olive oil
3 T. fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 t. ground cumin
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 t. salt

Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl.

Butterfly chicken breasts and pound down to even 1/3” thickness. Pour half of the Mojo sauce as a marinade over the chicken in a medium bowl or food storage bag; cover or seal. Cover the remaining sauce; refrigerate both at least 2 hours.

Heat outdoor grill to 400ยบ or indoor grill pan to medium-high.

Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Season chicken with the pepper. Grill chicken for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center.

Remove chicken from pan and add limes, oranges and onions, grill for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and grill for another 1 -2 minutes until softened, but not popped.
Serve drizzled with the reserved sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment