Monday, November 30, 2015

A New Leaf

I got a few pics this week. I didn't know Alex and the other missionaries were going to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving. That's fun!
My new companion Elder A. likes anime too

My scripture of the week is Doctrine and Covenants 130:20-21 "There is
a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this
world, upon which all blessings are predicated--And when we obtain any
blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is
predicated."
 
The kanji of the week is: 椅子 pronounced "ee-sue" and means chair.
 
Monday was spent doing service for a member in the Nagamachi ward, and
it was lots of fun. Other than that, the rest of the day was in the
apartment.
 
Tuesday we did a bit of service for others, swept up leaves in front
of the mission home, and then me and Elder H. put up Christmas
lights on the shrubbery around the mission home. It looks beautiful,
but unfortunately I didn't get pictures of it.
 
Wednesday we finally met our new missionaries. It was fun to be there
for some other new missionaries coming in at a similar time to when I
did. We had lunch together, and the rest of the day was meetings. My
companion's name is Elder A.
 
Thursday we went to a meeting to find out where everyone else who was
transferring was going, and Sister Smith (the mission president's
wife) made us delicious turkey sandwiches and some pies. We then
traveled to Izumi and walked a while to a members house for
Thanksgiving dinner. It was a nice and american thanksgiving with an
American family.
 
Friday we went around and tried to figure things out, and also did weekly planning. Saturday we went to lunch with a member, and it was delicous, and way cheap for how much food they gave. I had a really hard time finishing it, but I got through it. We spent the rest of the day visiting members, and trying to visit less active members. Sunday was pretty normal, and I am always glad for the Atonement to give me a fresh start. We also met with a member and got to know him more, and shared a spiritual message at the end. The rest of the day was studying, and reporting, and a bit of piano practice because I was asked to play the piano for something next week.
I was using this bag of rice as a pillow
Thanks for everyone who reads these emails! I love you all, and am grateful to be on a mission and share a bit about my mission experience. This week is a little shorter because we are both using my iPad (he doesn't have one right now), and so I quickly typed this all up. Thank you all for the love and support you give. Love, Elder 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment