Monday, August 8, 2016

Good, Hot Week

Got a few photos this week and just a little longer of a letter. In his letter to me he wrote: 

The weather here is very hot and humid. It got all the way up to 39 degrees yesterday. 

Elder H. and I have a lot in common, and get along well. We both love anime, and he loves singing. He wants to go into music after the mission, just like I do.

My favorite part of this week was the entire week. It has been really good, despite the heat. We worked hard and had fun.

(I tried to get him to tell me something specific from the week by asking what his favorite part of the week was. It didn't work. Nothing ever does. By the way, 39ºC is 102ºF.)
S. Choro, an investigator and me
To Everyone:

This week was really fun, but also really hot. I am so glad that we
stayed safe and healthy.

The scripture of the week is 1 Samuel 8:7, "And the Lord said unto
Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto
thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that
I should not reign over them."

Kanji of the week is: 暑い pronounced "ah-tsu-ee" and means "hot."

Monday was good, but I had to take a bus to Sendai, so there wasn't
time for too much else. We stayed the night in the Elder's apartment
that night.

Tuesday was all traveling.

My new companion

 
Mabonasu the same thing as Mabodofu, but with eggplant.


Wednesday we went and tried to do finding, but no one was home. We did get to see a less active and a member though, and that was good. English class was fun too.

Thursday was all finding, and also weekly planning.

Friday we spent the morning finding, and then went in the afternoon to Hirosaki for district training meeting. Then in the evening we went to a festival called Neputa. We tried to do some finding there, but it wasn't very good for finding, as everyone was paying attention to the floats.

Saturday we did a lot of finding again, and had a good lesson with one of our investigators. The rest of the day was finding.
Sunday was the hottest day of the week, and I am glad that we stayed in for most of the heat. We did a lot of finding that day too, as much as we could, and got to see another less active. He's a really awesome guy, and super fun to talk to.

That's my week! I hope you got something out of it. I love you all!

Love,

Elder

 長老

We got some really big Pocky from an English class student. It was 3 times as big as normal ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment