Friday, August 26, 2016

Nobody's Perfect

Alex didn't send a mass email last week, but did on Sunday. I'm just now getting around to posting it. I had asked him if they got to see the Saporro temple dedication via satellite. This was his answer:

We went to Aomori yesterday to watch it, but for some reason (probably the typhoon coming up, but I really don't know) the footage kept going in and out. We missed basically all of the talks, and the dedicatory prayer. We did get to do the hosanna shout though! It was also really fun to hear an Apostle speak in Japanese (for what I could) again. There was also lots of flooding in Hokkaido yesterday, so that could have affected it too.


Yes, I forgot to email you all last week, and I apologize. I don't
have any excuse for it. But this week was great! So was last week.

Scripture of the week: Isaiah 49:4-5, "Then I said, I have laboured in
vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my
judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God. And now, saith the
Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob
again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious
in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength."

Kanji of the week: 招くpronounced "mah-neh-coo" and means to invite.

Monday was not very eventful because p-day was very relaxing, and the
evening was all traveling to Hirosaki for splits with the other
elders.

Elder H. and a really big cat
I found a booster seat that reminded me of back home while we were housing.

Tuesday was good, although it rained for most of the time we were
outside. We did get to have good lessons with 3 less active members.
Also in the evening, we were walking and met a man who was not
Japanese. We tried talking to him, and he stopped to talk. We asked
him when he feels happy, and he said "I don't ever feel happy, I moved
here recently from India and my family is all alone back home." Elder
L. (my companion for the day) told him how in our church we
believe family can be together forever, and he smiled! He said he
wanted to hear more about that, and so we swapped information. The
best part was, the fact that he smiled, he actually felt happy. After
a seemingly endless night of storms, he found the sun peek through in
the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday was basically all traveling and waiting for traveling, as a
typhoon came and stopped all trains going to Odate when we wanted to
be going back. English class was fun though.

Thursday we went up to Aomori and had interviews. It was fun, and I
love President Smith and his wife so much. I also got a Japanese
temple recommend, because my old one expires this month.

Friday was weekly planning, and a lot of trying to visit people who
weren't home.

Saturday was good, although we didn't get too much done, because Elder
H. had a stomach ache for a bit, and then we went out to eat with
a less active and a member. They are both wonderful people (and not
related in any way). After that we went to get something for an
activity that night, and when we left the store it was raining super
hard. It was sunny when we walked in. So, we stayed inside the
building for five minutes or so until the rain ended, and then had to
walk all the way to the church, because the ground was too wet to ride
in. English class that night was fun, because we had an investigator
come. He says he wants to learn English so that when the New Jerusalem
is built he can go and visit. He also stayed afterwards to watch the
culture night for the new Sapporo Temple.

Sunday was mostly traveling, as we had to go all the way to Aomori for
the temple dedication broadcast. Then we came back home, and were able
to talk to lots of people, and find a really nice couple.

So much happening in the last little while of my mission. It's hard to
keep it all in a short email. I hope that you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder

 長老



No comments:

Post a Comment