Friday, December 4, 2009

Mama's Holiday Wish List

Camille at Make It Work Mom tagged me, but not with just any tag game. You can win a bunch of cool prizes with this one!
Today's Mama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
~Home décor or furniture
~Scrabble tile pendants like the ones at HomeStudio (Those things are so cute!)


~ Eucalyptus Spearmint Sugar Scrub from Bath & Body Works

~Stand mixer (One of these days I’ll get one!)
~A couple of dresses that actually fit me and look like they were tailored just for me

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
I’ve received many great handmade gifts thanks to talented family members. (Sorry I can't name them all.) The first one I ever received, I don’t even remember getting. My Grandma Fannie crocheted an afghan for each of her grandbabies and I still have mine.

My mother continued the tradition and made one for each of my children. Those aren’t really MY gifts since my children will get to keep them, but I used them and I love them. Another favorite one that I have is a plaster wall hanging that my parents bought for me and my dad chalked with pastels. It was a Christmas gift for me when I was in first grade and had a collection of things from the Netherlands. I loved how beautiful it was and that my dad made it for me. I still have it and somehow it didn’t break even with ALL the moving we did growing up and after I was married.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
Lots of them since I am not crafty at all. For years I’ve wanted to make little quilts for my children to sit on during Family Home Evening. It would say Family Home Evening and also have their name of it. That way they would know where they had to sit (and stay in one spot), but also have a nice little blanket to keep. Considering I don’t even sew and my kids are growing up, I doubt that’ll happen.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
I really loved a stuffed unicorn that you wind up and it played Somewhere Over the Rainbow that my Grandma Boots gave me (I can't find it for a quick pic), but I think the camera my parents gave me when I was like 9 or 10 was the best.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
~Dog, cat or fish (That third one is the only one I’m considering due to allergies.)
~Books
~Video games or DVD’s (sigh)

6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Turkey and homemade rolls

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Cookies and candy for goodie plates and I can’t say anything else cuz they might see their gift ahead of time

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
I still like the Christmas special movies I grew up with (Frosty, Rudolph…) and It’s a Wonderful Life.

9. Favorite holiday song?
I don’t have one. I just like hearing a variety.

10. Favorite holiday pastime?
~Shopping with my children when they are buying each other’s gifts.
~We always look forward to getting a box of gifts together for a family and leaving it at the door, ringing the doorbell and hurrying away.

To enter to win all these cool prizes below simply answer the questions in this meme and post it on your blog, make sure to post links back to TodaysMama.com and Provo Craft (use this link: http://bit.ly/4ikY3c ) and tag your friends! Then be sure to email a link to your post to info@todaysmama.com with “Wish List Meme” in the subject line.

Who am I tagging? YOU! If you're reading this, I'd LOVE to read your answers and for you to enter to win.

2 comments:

  1. Those afghans are a VERY nice tradition indeed. I don't have any jewelry for anyone to inherit, so afghans are a great idea. As slow as I knit and crochet, I better get started on some things for my grand kids. It will take me at least 7 to 10 years to finish them and I am hoping my oldest will be married to a very sweet girl and have a kid or two by then.

    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your number #10. We did something similar at Halloween for our neighbors.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete