Sunday, July 25, 2010

Again

I sure wish I could get back into blogging and feeling normal, but I'm not there yet. For my birthday, my parents gave me Jessie Clark Funk's CD "Everything Speaks His Name". I was so happy to get it because I've wanted it for a long time. One song I've been listening to over and over is "Carry Me" and today I wanted to share it with you, but then I searched my blog archives and found out that I had shared it before in January and I didn't remember. So I searched for a video of a different song called "Again" on the same album. I can't find one anywhere, but I still want to share the lyrics with you.

If you go to Jessie Clark Funk's website, you can listen to part of the song. It's the third song on the album. And listen to her other great songs while you're there.

Again
I’ve wrestled with demons and darkness.
I’ve wrestled with what has been lost.
I carry this crushing weight on my shoulders
And try not to think of the cost.

It’s more than a single decision.
It’s giving up part of myself.
It’s something I simply can’t do on my own
So I’m pleading with You for Your help.

Chorus-
Again and again
I’ve asked myself why.
I don’t think that I have any tears left to cry.
My soul is so tired and I’m longing for rest.
I’m giving my all and I’m doing my best.
It hurts to move on from the place I am in.

But You understand where I’ve been
And You reassure me it’s time to start over
Again.

I’m finally ready to listen.
I’m finally ready to hear,
Struggling to get a place You can reach me,
Where peace can speak louder than fear.

I can’t see the end of the story.
There’s no way to know how it ends.
For now I let go and I trust You to lead me
And show my heart where to begin.

Repeat Chorus

All of the pain and confusion I’m going through
I’m turning it over to You,
Willing to trust it’s the right thing to do.

Repeat Chorus

11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful words. I love that you have shared the songs.. because I don't venture out to too much LDS music that isn't on my normal ipod stuff.

    I feel bad as I have NO time for blogging.
    I don't have time to post ( like I should be ) and I'm not reading others blogs almost at all.
    It sounds like some pretty serious stuff is going on with you. I am sorry. I feel bad that I have been a terrible blog friend.. and if there is anything that I can do.. please e-mail me. annban10@gmail.com.

    Sending you a blog ( hug. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comforting words, Valerie. I will have to try and listen to the song. I love your ability to share spiritual lessons via music and stories. I know you will be blessed for your faithfulness and for enduring your trials. It doesn't mean it will be any easier, though, does it? I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love jessie clark funk! fell in love with her talent thanks to one of my YW while we were living in rexburg. amazingly, her music got me through some tough stuff a couple years ago...especially "hold on, the light will come" and "How Do You Move a Mountain." powerful stuff. i love how the Lord teaches me through her music.

    hang in there, val. we've missed ya. but we all understand. when you're feeling back up to it, you'll be the best version of you for us to all share. big hugs to ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the song Valerie! Don't worry about the blogging. You will get back into it. In your own time and place. I also love Jessie Clark Funk and Hilary Weeks will forever be my favorite. I love feeling the spirit through music and having it help me through my difficulties. Just know that you are loved and you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vallie : )
    Beautiful words, beautiful song. I sure miss all your inspiring thoughts, but I know you need some time right now! Remember, you can call me anytime! I will send you mu number via email. Will you send me yours? Then I will call you!(my kids destroyed my address book, arrrgh!)
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your thoughts Valerie. Thanks for the uplift. I'll have to check out the music.
    Know that there are many praying for you.
    Hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel for you, my friend. Isn't it nice to have uplifting music to get us through the day...one day at a time.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful lyrcs...I'm sure with the music it's even prettier.

    A number of years ago, I had a song that helped me a lot. It's "My soul hungered" by Kurt Bestor. I memorized it and sang it every time I needed strength. I still know the words and it will occassionally pop into my head and make me feel good.

    It's amazing to see how strong you have been in your testimony through your trials. You are an amazing example to us all. I love you and the Lord loves you and you will be blessed for your faithfulness. (but you already knew that)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of Jessie Clark Funk but I will definately be checking her out. The words to this song are so touching it brings tears to my eyes. I can see why you like it and the comfort it might bring.
    You are such a great example of a faithful daughter of God.
    Your blog is one of my favorites - I always learn something from you.
    I am sorry things are hard - I'm sending you a {{{hug}}} and keeping you and your sweet family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you're having a hard time - you have a lot of loss to deal with but I hope the sun comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. I'm in recovery to addiction, and this song has been a great strength to me. I've been searching for the lyrics and couldn't find them until now.

    ReplyDelete