Sunday, January 3, 2010

You Have the Power!

I found this video looking for Jessie Clark Funk music on You Tube. Her song is called "Carry Me" Although it's about helping the children throughout the world through UNICEF, I like the song, quotes and message. We can help others through LDS humanitarian services or organizations like UNICEF, but we don't have to feel bad if we don't have money to do that. We all have a unique ability to help others in our own way. Like this quote below from Sister Larsen says (in a great talk--follow the link), it may be our time or a friendly conversation that helps another. It may be something more. We all can do something today and tomorrow and the next day. We each have the power to change someone's day. We have the power to carry someone when they cannot go on.

"You don't have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles and your sincere interest in them. Think of it--you carry within you the power to make the world better for someone each day! That is standing as a witness of God."
Sharon G. Larsen, Former Second counselor in the Young Women General Presidency, Standing with God, General Conference, April, 2000



Carry Me
Reaching the water’s edge.
Finding there’s nowhere to go but through.
Searching the depths within.
Seeing there’s no place to hold onto,
But Your feet have walked
Through every wave that I’ll ever face.

(chorus)
Carry me over the water.
Carry me through the darkest night.
Carry me over the water
Safe to the other side.

Facing an endless tide.
Constantly pulled out away from shore
Feels like it’s sink or swim.
And I just can’t fight anymore
But You take my hand.
Here is my heart, You understand.

chorus

You are the One I need,
Holding me close
Safe in Your arms.

chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment