Friday, January 7, 2011

Ultimate Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe

This is finally the last recipe from my holiday goodies. I found these at Hoosier Homemade. Liz, the Cupcake Lady there, found this recipe on the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter site, but I used butter. They are chock-full of delicious additions. These are big cookies and super tasty. 
Ultimate Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 c. butter
1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla extract
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or chips)
6 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped (or chips)
1/2 c. EACH dried cranberries and coarsely chopped toasted pecans

Preheat oven to 375°. Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.

Beat butter with sugars in large bowl with electric mixer or wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate, cranberries and pecans.

Drop mixture by 1/4-cupfuls, 3 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11 minutes or until edges just begin to set. Do not over bake; cookies will firm as they cool. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.

5 comments:

  1. They look EVIL!!!!
    Hello...New Years resolutions!

    Ah, forget it.
    They look too good to be passed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These. Look. Amazing. Darn that diet!! Wonder if this would count as my fruit???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Not sure how I feel about them...Ok, I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is really so chocolaty. I should really try this one. I think I should add some chocolate syrup or filling inside these cookies to make it yummier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what you called chocolate madness. LOL. I imagine when you bite the cookie you will feel that the chocolate will blast inside your mouth. I will surely try this one.

    ReplyDelete