Sunday, March 23, 2014

No Bake Energy Bites



The recipe for these goodies is at Riches to Rags by Dori. They are no bake, so they stay soft and are kinda like cookie dough. I added dried cherries in addition to everything in the recipe. I want to add pecans next time. These are so good that I made them twice last week.


No Bake Energy Bites

1 c. old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 c. toasted coconut flakes
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. ground flax seed
1/3 c. honey
1 t. vanilla
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Yield: 20-25 balls, depending on size

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A no-bake that is actually RAW. I thought all no-bakes were cooked over the stove top. I'm excited to try this; thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. Pecans are so expensive these days. I will have to watch for a sale on them. They do sound like they would be yummy.

    ReplyDelete