Saturday, April 25, 2015

Lazy Day Workout Videos Part 1

Some people work out because they enjoy it. I don't enjoy it. I do it because my family has a history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and because I like to eat dessert sometimes and still fit into my clothes. Well, I've allowed myself to gain a little bit of weight recently even though I do some exercise 5 or 6 days a week (obviously not enough) and for someone as short as me (5'1"), a little extra is a lot noticeable. I need to get rid of it soon so I can comfortably fit into my clothes again.

So in addition to my regular workouts and time on my treadmill, I have been doing different YouTube video workouts. When I was doing a couple of these short ones, I started thinking how they work certain muscles really well and burn calories in a short amount of time. Of course, it wouldn't be enough all alone every day, but next time I feel like skipping a day because I feel lazy, I will tell myself that I can surely do 13 minutes of exercise.

Maybe this will help others too who may have a lazy day or a busy day or maybe even someone who is afraid to start exercising because it's so daunting.  I'll be looking around for more short workouts for future posts and for my workout routine list. 

The videos I have been using are from JessicaSmithTV on YoutTube. You can go to her channel and check out a lot more (some longer and some shorter), even videos with Q&A about fitness questions.









No comments:

Post a Comment