Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes

How did I not share this on my blog before? I got this recipe from a cookbook that my parents gave me in 1992 and I made it and loved it. It had been a while since I had made them so I made them recently. I still love them. The surprise cream cheese filling makes it special and tasty. 
 
 
Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes
 
Filling:

1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Cupcakes:
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/3 c. oil
1 1/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. water
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or line 16 muffin cups.

Filling: Beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 egg until smooth. Stir in chips; set aside.

Cupcakes: Beat all cupcake ingredients together until blended and smooth. spoon 1/2 the batter into the cupcake liners. Top each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Spoon remaining batter evenly over cream cheese mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with favorite chocolate icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment