Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Whole Lot, and Nothing

I sent Alex some photos of the interior of the soon to be open Provo City Center temple and this is what he said about that and then some other things:
Thanks for the pictures of the Provo City Center Temple! They look so beautiful! My companion even said he might leave his mission just to go to the celestial room :P I hope you get a chance to go into the temple and feel the spirit in the open house.

Still not any sticking snow here, but the locals say that it usually snows into late March. We'll see. It does snow every now and then, but never more than the sun can melt in a day.


I can't say that I've had too much that I've wondered about back at home, people or things. I guess I have thought every now and then how different technology will be when I get back, but it's probably changing so gradually that you haven't really noticed the changes. I'll probably find them out when I get out of the time capsule of a mission.

This week was so full of activities, and talking with people, and the

like, and yet it seems like there was so little done this week. I know
it was our busiest week yet, so I'm not sure what to think. 

My scripture for this week is Alma 5:46 "Behold, I say unto you they
are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have
fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself.
And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath
made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit
of revelation which is in me." I chose this because I want to remember
how to get more knowledge from God: fasting and praying. 

The kanji of the week is: 冷蔵庫 pronounced "Ray-zoh-cone" and means refrigerator. 

Monday we didn't do much worth mentioning during our preparation day
time, but we did get to go to an investigators house and do some
service there. His wife, mother, and father were there too, and they
were all so nice. We ate dinner together, and they fed us so much!
They love the missionaries, and so hopefully we can see them why the
love us, which is the peace of God that accompanies testimonies of
truth. We talked about eternal marriage and families, and the like,
because we want them to be able to continue having their good family
relationships for all eternity. 

Tuesday we went and did more street contacting, and also tried to
visit some less active members. None of the members we planned on
visiting were available, but we tried to visit others, and were able
to talk to them, and have a good time. 

 Wednesday was spent in a similar manner, and we street contacted and
visited with members again. In the evening we had English class as
always, and we had a student who hadn't come in a while (since before
I came) come. It was a fun class. After the class, we talked with a
member, shared a short spiritual message, and then right before we had
to go back to the apartment we did a bit of Kendo with him. He made
his own practice swords out of department store goods, and it was fun. 

 Thursday we street contacted even more, and tried to visit some
others. We also have a potential investigator and friend who is the
son of a member, so we visited him, and had fun with him. We found out
that he was using a really old version of the Book of Mormon in
Japanese that has words that no one in Japan knows anymore (I think
it's because the writing system changed quite a bit after World War
2). So, we gave him a new copy, and he was super surprised at how easy
it was to read, and seemed excited to try and read it--he had to use a
dictionary to look up words with the other one. 

 Friday we had Zone training meeting, and that was great as always. We
learned lots, and had great discussions. When we got back to the
apartment, the rest of the day was spent planning the next week. 

 Saturday we tried to visit lots of others, and visited with some. Most
weren't available though. So, we did street contacting the rest of the
time. 

 Sunday we went to church as always. I love church so much, and I am so
grateful for the opportunity to learn about the gospel, and partake of
the sacrament every week. After church we tried to take a couch to a
members house, but even though we had an appointment to do it, no one
was home. So, we went to visit our friend I mentioned on Thursday, and
he couldn't come talk to us because he was busy. We then rushed over
to our apartment, because our investigator sent us a text and invited
us to go see his grandma with him, and discuss what we'll be doing the
next couple of weeks (we're going to do more service at his house). It
was really great, and Elder A. was able to bear a strong
testimony of the resurrection and of the peace of the gospel. It was a
great end to the day.

So that's the week, and I hope you had a good week too! 

Love you all! 

Love, 
 Elder  
長老

No comments:

Post a Comment