Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

This chocolatey quick bread from Erica's Sweet Tooth is a super way to use ripe bananas! I have tons of ripe bananas in my freezer right now so I'll be making more bread this week. I used Special Dark cocoa, but I you don't have to. And I used up all my chocolate chips in the bread so I chopped up some dark chocolate Kisses for the top and kinda overloaded it. Mmmmmmm! 


Double Chocolate Banana Bread
3 medium-large ripe bananas
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 c. semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
Mash bananas in a large bowl. Whisk in melted butter, then brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Sift baking soda, salt, flour, and cocoa powder into the bowl. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until just incorporated. Then gently stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chunks or chips.
Transfer batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. 

Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep bread wrapped tightly at room temperature for up to 4 days or serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment