Friday, January 9, 2009

Random Good Memory

Last night I was lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, when I had a flashback. Well, that's what I call it when I suddenly remember something that is not at all related to what I'm doing. It was from the summer of 2007 so it's before I started my blog and I wasn't good at writing in a journal so I'll post my memory here to keep it.

I took Alexander for a mommy/son day and Robin took the girls. They were all so excited. Alexander and I played two games of miniature golf and then we went on go-carts. That was Alex's first time ever on a go-cart and he loved it even though it was a simple track. It was a hot day and we needed a drink and also lunch so Alex chose Burger King. He decided that he would try something besides the kid's meal since he was hungry. He ordered a Whopper Jr. meal with the biggest drink. He was a little afraid of trying the burger for some reason, but he loved it. He also drank the drink and refilled and drank most of it again before we left the restaurant. He really was thirsty! Since then, he has always ordered adult food. He even orders Whopper meals, no more Whopper Jr. for him.


Back to the memory, after lunch, we rented Napoleon Dynamite because Alexander had wanted to see it. We took it home and watched while eating ice cream---him laughing and laughing and me bored to tears and not able to understand WHY that movie was so popular! (Sorry, people.) When Robin and the girls came back, he watched it again with the girls and laughed just as hard. The kids still talk about how fun that day was. We've separated for the day a few other times, but that's the one that popped into my head.

I remember when I was growing up, we had "special times" with my Mom. There were 6 of us kids, but she was creative in the way we got to spend one-on-one time with her. I remember even going to the laundromat for a "special time", but she bought me Cheetos because she had heard me say that I was in the mood for them so we just talked and ate Cheetos. I need to do that more often...not eat more Cheetos, but have the one-on-one time with my kids. But next time I'll take the camera!
So, does anyone else have random flashbacks (not drug related) or is it just me???

2 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie

    I saw your post on my blog, and wanted to say thank you for stopping by, and for your kind words.

    It really is difficult when people don't understand. Thank you for your willingness to accept that.

    Blessings
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really kicking out these posts lately. ;o) I haev "flashbacks" all the time. I usually end up laughing out loud or smiling or tears come to my eyes. I love memories.

    ReplyDelete