Sunday, September 5, 2010

Meet Tribulations with Thanksgiving

I'm afraid that with my busy school schedule, I won't be able to post very often if I only post the kinds of posts that I used to. So I will try to post at least a quote occasionally to let you know something that is on my mind, even if I don't get to elaborate with my thoughts. And I'll throw in a random photo from my files (like this one I took in Oregon) just so it's a little prettier.
“The kind of gratitude that receives even tribulations with thanksgiving requires a broken heart and a contrite spirit, humility to accept that which we cannot change, willingness to turn everything over to the Lord—even when we do not understand, thankfulness for hidden opportunities yet to be revealed. Then comes a sense of peace.

"When was the last time you thanked the Lord for a trial or tribulation? Adversity compels us to go to our knees; does gratitude for adversity do that as well?"
Bonnie D. Parkin, "Gratitude: A Path to Happiness", General Conference, April 2007

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful thought. Beautiful picture.
    I too am having a hard time keeping up with my blog and others.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! And sigh, meeting trials with thanksgiving is so hard, and yet so necessary. So strange how thats true! I love your blogs! Hope youre doing ok Val : )
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read this today.
    I don't feel gratitude for the trials. I ache from them.
    Thank you for being so strong.
    Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote. Fun for you to be in school again. I'm sure you'll keep super busy with that. Still need to meet sometime. Let me know when you have a free Saturday, or even an Sunday evening. Would love to get together.

    ReplyDelete