Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fudgy Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies

Low fat, full of flavor and totally satisfied my chocolate craving! I got this recipe from Apple of My Eye  These cookies get their only fat from the avocado-- no oil or butter. I love dark chocolate, but for some reason I don't like Special Dark cocoa and that's the only dark chocolate cocoa that I've tried. So I used regular cocoa and these still turned out very dark. The only problem is that the batch only made 15 for me. I guess I made them a little large since the original recipe says it makes 18, which is still a very small batch.

On another note. I love how people stitch photos together vertically for their blogs, not like this collage below. I cannot figure out how to do that on PicMonkey (at least with the free version, maybe I need to pay for that??) or anything else yet. If anyone can help me or point me to a tutorial of how to do that, I'd love to learn.

Fudgy Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies
1 ripe avocado, finely mashed
¼ c. sugar
¼ c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
⅓ c. flour
½ t. baking soda
2 oz. dark chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.

Combine the finely mashed avocado, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Gently stir in the dark chocolate chunks.

Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top is set. Be sure not to overbake.

No comments:

Post a Comment