Friday, February 27, 2009

San Francisco Chicken & My Purse

The title sounds like this post will include a strange story, huh? Actually there is no story here. Just a recipe and a tag. San Francisco Chicken The sauce is simple, but perfect just as it is. Don’t think something that easy could be so good? Give it a try. I found it years ago posted by MissEllie on the Taste of Home Recipe Board. I love that site! 4-6 Boneless chicken breasts 3 cloves garlic, minced 4 T. soy sauce 3 T. brown sugar 1 1/2 c. chicken broth 1 T. cornstarch Lightly brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil. Remove from pan and add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup chicken broth. Stir to mix and return chicken to pan and cover. Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is done (15-20 minutes). Remove chicken again and add remaining broth which has been mixed with cornstarch. Bring to a boil to thicken and return chicken to the pan, coating it well. Okay, now for the next part of the post. Patti tagged me with an unusual tag. I didn’t make it up, really. 1) "Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late--inside and out. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house." Inside I have my wallet, my cell phone case, 2 lip glosses and one lipstick, a couple of receipts, a few dollar bills, one shopping list, and lots of change at the bottom of my purse, sprinkled with wedding confetti that Sabrina put in there months ago for safe keeping. (I guess it's been safe.) 2) " I want to know how much it cost:) And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it." I bought the purse a couple of years ago and I have no idea how much it cost, but I'm sure it wasn't much. I'm usually pretty frugal. There's no real story to it. Sorry! 3) "Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag." I’ll tag: Sherami Tara Tara’s mom (who I’ve been told is a stalker and is always welcome to lurk here)

1 comment:

  1. The chicken looks good...I'll have to try it!!

    I don't know where the purse tag came from. I kind of enjoyed doing it though. Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete