Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sliced Mushrooms with Melted Mozzarella and Thyme

I am always looking for new side dishes to add variety to our meals. I found this one and it is so simple. I used shredded mozzarella because that's what I had. I tossed the mushrooms with olive oil and a little bit of bread crumbs before putting them in the pan. Then after it was done, I mixed the mushrooms up so you can't see much cheese in the photo. I did leave it broiling a bit too long, as you can see on the cheese. It's great to have a recipe that is so quick.Sliced Mushrooms with Melted Mozzarella and Thyme

A couple big handfuls of very thinly sliced Mushrooms
2 5-oz balls of mozzarella, torn into small pieces
A sprig of fresh thyme, leaves picked
Sea salt and freshly ground
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
On an ovenproof platter, spread the mushrooms in a one layer. Scatter the cheese over the top, followed by the thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and place under the broiler.Broil for a few minutes, checking frequently. It is ready when the cheese is melted and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe idea! I love melted cheese on mushrooms, and the fresh thyme would take it up a notch!
    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete