Monday, March 8, 2010

He Holds My Heart

Probably all of us have at one time or another (or many, many times), gone to our Heavenly Father in prayer, pleading for Him to answer a concern we have, to help reslove a problem or to just help us to feel His love. One of my favorite places to go and mediate with a prayer in my heart for many years has been Rock Canyon Park in Provo. I love sitting up where I have a view of the valley where I can see so many houses and building scattered among the trees, and cars that look like little ants on the roads.
It always helps me feel grateful for what I have and somehow closer to the Lord. It might seem like it would make me feel like a tiny piece of dust among all of these people and creations. But instead, it helps me to see how tiny my problems are compared to so many. I just remember all the people I know who are suffering with different problems and what they might be doing at the moment. In the hospital, at home in pain, worrying about a wayward child... Then I look at all those houses and think of so many other things that the people who live there might be suffering through. And I am certain that Heavenly Father hears each one of us and feels our pain. I am certain that He already has help "in the works" if we don't feel it now. And I feel so grateful for all the blessings He gives me daily.
And I look up at the mountains that stand so majestic and tall. Heavenly Father made those rise from the flat earth. It took a very long time, but amazing things were accomplished in the Lord's time and in His way. Things that only He could do. I know that He can do that with me too, if I just do what He tells me to do and stay close enough to the Spirit to know what He wants. (Easier said than done!)
And there are even little groves here and there. I think Rock Canyon Park will always be one of my favorite pondering spots.
I'm very grateful to know that my Heavenly Father always hears me and will answer me when He is ready to (and when I am ready to receive). This song reminds me of how so many people feel at different times in their lives--alone, in need, reaching. We can't always see it or feel, but He really is always holding our heart!











"Hold My Heart" by Tenth Avenue North

How long must I pray, must I pray to You?
How long must I wait, must I wait for You?
How long 'til I see Your face, see You shining through?
I'm on my knees, begging You to notice me.
I'm on my knees, Father, will you turn to me?

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breakin' heart?
One light, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Won't You come close and hold my heart?

I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes
So much can slip away before I say goodbye.
But if there's no other way, I'm done asking why.
Cuz I'm on my knees, begging You to turn to me
I'm on my knees, Father, will you run to me?

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breakin' heart?
One light, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Won't You come close and hold my heart?

So many questions without answers, Your promises remain
I can't sleep but I'll take my chances to hear You call my name
To hear You call my name.

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breakin' heart?
One light, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Won't You come close and hold my heart?

Hold my heart, could you hold my heart?
Hold my heart.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I think the outdoors and nature brings the same feelings for me. I always feel so grateful and have some time to think about what is going on in the world.
    We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to "come home" after seeing those pictures! I think that last tree was where we had a bunch of engagement pictures taken.
    Great thoughtful write up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rock Canyon Park too. And next time I visit, we'll hike all the way there. ;o) Beautiful song...you find some really good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that park also. I am going there again in April. what a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing the song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweet post.
    You can tell what a big heart you have and how much compassion is in you with the thoughts you have shared thinking of others.

    I have to remember that often.. when I feel envious of others.. that things are HARD everywhere.. and none of us are free from hardships. We all carry burdens.

    The senic view is beautiful. I would escape to those places too..

    Hey.. I have no idea where you live.. but Cherie may be coming for conference.. If you want to meet up with us during Priesthood.. let me know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss Provo...it is so truly beautiful there.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete