Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cinnamon Chip Crescents

You haven't used cinnamon chips yet? Here is another recipe that uses them, along with the Cinnamon Fudge and Banana Cinnamon Chip Cake that I've made and enjoy. This is a super easy recipe that we really like. It's easy to throw extra stuff in with the cinnamon chips too if you'd like--nuts, marshmallow creme, dried fruit or chocolate chips. I only make half of the topping to drizzle the crescents instead of cover them like an icing.
Cinnamon Chip Crescents

2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 T. margarine, melted
1 (10-oz.) pkg. cinnamon chips, divided
1 ½ t. shortening

Preheat oven to 375ยบ. Unroll dough; separate into 16 triangles. Spread melted butter on each triangle, Sprinkle 1 cup cinnamon chips evenly over rolls; gently press chips into dough. Roll up triangles. Place rolls, point side down, on ungreased cookie sheet; curve into crescent shape. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining 2/3 cup chips with 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening. Drizzle onto warm crescents.

12 comments:

  1. Looks good! You always have great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!!!!!! I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have I been? I didn't know cinnamon chiops even exsisted???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the drizzle on top! I have several bags in the pantry. I need to get baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of cinnamon chips. I can't wait to go out and find them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please!! This looks easy enough for me to make (and eat) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so pretty! And I love easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look super yummy!! I wish I could find the cinnamon chips here, but for some reason none of the stores have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY! Now I am going to have to bake to take care of my late night sweet tooth! These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to try this but they don't sell cinammon chips here...bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BRILLIANT!!!
    my fam will thank you for this gem. =)

    ReplyDelete