Saturday, March 21, 2009

CARIBBEAN CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES

This is one of the easiest recipes I have, but it is also a bit unappetizing to look at. Sorry. It makes very tender chicken with lots of flavor. We sometimes have it on the King’s rolls and sometimes on buns. It is a very wet chicken mixture so I’d advise putting it on the rolls or buns right before eating as the bread will get soggy. It’s a bit messy but we just use forks to eat whatever falls off the bread and onto the plate. I usually use green onion, not chives, but forgot this time. My kids were glad. I was sad since it would have helped the photo a little at least and I like the addition. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
Crushed pineapple, drained 
1 bottle Teriyaki Baste and Glaze 
Chives, chopped 
King’s Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls 

Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat small amount of oil in skillet. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes. Add pineapple and teriyaki baste. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Stir in the chives. Serve on sandwich rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment